Volunteer to take part in an Aid Convoy
CWUHA normally run two convoys a year during May and September…
- Each convoy can consist of up to ten vehicles.
- You will be away for up to 3 weeks but normally just over 2.
- Each vehicle has two drivers, so we are looking for duos.
- All volunteers will need to be or become members of CWUHA.
- Volunteers will need to provide a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check (previously CRB checks).
- We make a 4,000 mile round trip, driving on the opposite side of the road, so you must be confident and competent to drive at least a LWB Sprinter type vehicle and have to be prepared to undertake a driver training/assessment. It’s hard but rewarding work, so all drivers must be in good health and have no conditions that would debar them from driving Royal Mail or BT vehicles.
- If selected you will be provided with a vehicle, fuel card and insurances.
You will be given a wish list and it will be your responsibility to raise the funds required to secure the items.
If you work for BT or Royal Mail you will get paid release for the duration of the convoy, but be WARNED you will have to do a lot of work in your own time i.e. fundraising, collecting/buying aid, packing the aid into boxes, completing a manifest, loading your vehicle, picking up and returning your vehicle from a depot anywhere in the UK.
It’s hard but very rewarding work, and your reward is to see the smiling faces of the children.
The selection of all convoy participants is at the absolute discretion of the trustees.
To request a CWUHA Convoy Volunteer Form or if you need any further information, please email Trish Vollans or Lenny Crook at email@example.com
Volunteer at the CWUHA supported School in Tanzania
If you are interested in volunteering at the CWUHA supported school we will be happy to organise flights, accommodation, time helping at the school and contacts in-country for safaris and mountain climbs.
At present CWUHA cannot provide any funding but both Royal Mail and BT will give matched time leave for time spent in-country for individual volunteers. Each volunteer is required to affiliate to CWUHA and will have to undergo a DBS check (to be organised by CWUHA, if necessary) or produce a current copy of one.
Although this worthwhile project has to be completely funded by the individuals who volunteer. CWUHA can help with fundraising and sponsorship ideas.
Anyone who may be interested should contact Alex Pearson on: firstname.lastname@example.org or 07483 216 289